Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eating Out on Hump Day

WOW! What a day.

I can't believe I made it through... well... almost... I still have one more trip to the airport.
Between homework and meetings I had no time for cooking and an imminent dinner session which was the highlight of my day. Although I have to admit that dieting kind of sucks when your eating out.

I love David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding's Eat This, Not That books. Even though it doesn't serve me too well anymore since I gave up meat (although I cheated today). David and Matt give you a good and simple guide to the eating out giving you the power to choose your meals wisely and eat happily.

As usual, I had my muffin and some coffee this morning and that's probably the only number of calories that I know I had (196 cal). At mid-morning I had a pack of Go-Paks Heart Healthy Mix (260 cal). For lunch, I ordered Jimmy John's Vegetarian sub (no mayo and extra avocado) (399.35 cal), a diet coke, and I had regular chips (160 cal). At mid afternoon I had an oatmeal-raisin cookie from Jimmy John's (420.85 cal) NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Later, I had a business dinner at a local restaurant. I ordered grilled salmon (I said I cheated) with basil gnocchi and steamed greens and two glasses of Riesling. Then for dessert I had a cup of coffee and 1/3 of chocolate mousse... I probably got in at the very least some 900 cal. Which makes the total well pass 2000 calories. Holy C$#%! well... tomorrow and Friday I must eat around 1000 cal a day... let's do that.

How do you go about eating out?

2 comments:

  1. Since I'm Vegan, it's veggies only for me.

    I do not have to worry about dessert and things like that because I know I 'cannot' have them. No issue there.

    The worse part of dining out to me is being able to 'find' something that I can eat...lol...not worry about calories.

    I know that's not what you were looking for, but it still serves as a good reminder that we all have our battles that we must overcome...do not let food be the victor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go low cal and stay away from pasta dishes. These days I sqeeze in a diet soft drink here and there. Depends on the cuisine I'm eating.

    ReplyDelete