Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blogging and bloating down (female-friendly post)

School has gotten in the way of my daily posts. I don't think I'll be able to write as often as I'd liked but I still want to document my progress so I'll write a little less but will keep us posted.

Last week I didn't lose or gain any weight... I had a crazy week with a lot of homework and meetings. I had a great time but my eating was not great. I ate out a lot and made some bad choices. On top of everything... I had my monthly visit and that didn't help; I was craving chocolate and chips and was in no mood to exercise. I wondered if that was all in my head or if there was a legitimately correlation between my hormones and my weight... and there is. I found out that
"Weight gain is a normal symptom of premenstrual syndrome, or PMS. This symptom of PMS is due to water retention." Read more: Why Do I Gain Weight Before My Period?
I also learned that the weight would go down as the days progressed and I was happy to see an almost 2-pound loss a couple of days later. So ladies out there... don't worry so much when you get your monthly visit. Try to eat sensibly but allow yourself that chocolate or ice-cream or whatever comfort food you need. A little setback is OK as long as you are motivated to break through.

Talking about food... I will have you know that I continue to keep a food diary although I don't have time to add it to the blog. I will share my favorite foods but I may not list everything I eat. Attached is a picture of my daily menu... I make it pretty so I am excited to cook and try new things. I continue to zigzag my calories but I pretty much stay within 1000-1500 calories a day. I am also exercising a little... I still have to work on that but I'm getting there.

More to come.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Don't lose your motivation girl...you can do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooo - so it's YOUR fault I'm 'on cycle' again? :D

    ReplyDelete