Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Breakfast is hard!

Breakfast is a huge problem for me because in the past I have normally messed up my diet because I had no time to make breakfast and ended up with a bagel and cream cheese (which is a worse choice than you would imagine). And once you've made a bad choice, it's easy to make another one and by the end of the day I have spoiled all my meals.

So, this time... I came up with a better plan. Make sure I have breakfast no matter how late I get up.
Solution: Muffins! LOL

For real, I make 6 muffins every Sunday for Mon-Sat breakfast. Sundays I may have brunch since I may sleep in a little or I may just treat myself to a more traditional breakfast. So, I make six and once they cool down I individually wrap them in plastic and place them in a freezer bag. I leave one in the fridge for Monday and every morning I take one out of the freezer and into the fridge. 45 sec. in the microwave and it's perfect. So I get up in the morning, I make some coffee with soy milk and a muffin. Total calories for breakfast: no more than 250. Perfection!

For this week I made Lemon Raspberry Muffins (pictured). I followed the recipe almost exactly. The only change I made was that I used Splenda Granulated with Fiber instead of sugar. That saved me about 20 calories per muffin and added extra fiber to my day.

Tonight I am making Lemon Cranberry Muffins. As always, I'll use Splenda instead of sugar. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment