Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oolong Tea - Does it work?

I was cleaning my pantry and found a box of Oolong Tea that I had long forgotten I had. A good friend from Japan gave it me as a present a few months back and I had not tried it yet. Since I was out of Green Tea I gave it a try and I have to say that I am beginning to like it more than I like green tea and I don't even need to add sweetener.

I have been drinking it for a week now and I have to say that I am pretty happy with the results. I have lost almost double of what I usually lose in a week and it really controls my hunger. I have not done anything different but drink 2-4 cups of oolong tea a day so I have to assume that the tea is helping me out.

I wondered if there was any hard research on the effects of oolong tea on weight loss.
Here are the highlights:
- Oolong tea tells your body to burn fat for energy. (link)
- Oolong tea reduces belly fat and cholesterol. (link)
- Oolong tea raises metabolic levels. (link)

So... I don't know if it works but it's working for me so I'm going to continue drinking it and hopefully it will continue helping me lose weight. Anyone else drinking Oolong tea?

2 comments:

  1. I love hot tea, and this is one that I have not had. Your experience sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it! My box looks different, of course. Here is my box: http://randomvegan.blogspot.com/2011/02/oolong-tea.html

    Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete